Sky Map for PCSky Map turns your Android device into a window on the night sky.
Sky Map for PC on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 & Mac Laptop
Sky Map is a Books & Reference app developed by Sky Map Devs. The latest version of Sky Map is 1.9.6. It was released on 2020-12-16. You can download Sky Map 1.9.6 directly on Appforpc.net. Over 193,112 users rating a average 193,112 of 5 about Sky Map. More than 50,000,000+ is playing Sky Map right now. Coming to join them and download Sky Map directly!
Description of Sky Map
The Map doesn't move/points in the wrong placeMake sure you haven't switched into manual mode. Does your phone have a compass? If not, Sky Map cannot tell your orientation. Look it up here: http://www.gsmarena.com/
Try calibrating your compass by moving it in a figure of 8 motion or as described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1EPbAapaeI.
Are there any magnets or metal nearby that might interfere with the compass?
Try switching off "magnetic correction" (in settings) and see if that is more accurate.
Why is autolocation not supported for my phone?In Android 6 the way permissions work has changed. You need to enable the location permission setting for Sky Map as described here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/6270602?p=app_permissons_m
The Map is jitteryTry adjusting the sensor speed and damping (in settings). We have a better solution coming soon!
Do I need an internet connection? No, but some functions (like entering your location manually) won't work without one. You'll have to use the GPS or enter a latitude and longitude instead.
Can I help test the latest features? Sure! Join our beta testing program and get the latest version. https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.google.android.stardroid
Find us elsewhere:⭐ GitHub:https://github.com/sky-map-team/stardroid
⭐ Twitter: http://twitter.com/skymapdevs
Changelog / What's New• Welsh language support (many thanks Cymrodor)
• Some Norwegian translation fixes (credit: FTNo)
• Made the Calibration dialog less aggressive and self-closing
• Shortened the EULA
• Restored Firebase Analytics
• Retired the temporary data hack for Neowise
• Changed the declination lines to be 10 degrees apart instead of 9 and added labels
• Moved the time travel dialog controls to the bottom so they do not clash with the Android UI
Download Sky Map for PC on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 & Mac Laptop
To be clear about download process of Sky Map for PC, it is not available directly from the web. As of now, the app developer have made it available for only Android Platform. To enjoy using it on your PC device, installation of Android Emulator is mandatory.
For doing all these things on your Computers & Laptops, you need to download Sky Map for PC/Laptop with Operating systems Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or Mac.
There are two ways of downloading this app on Laptop/PC. Use anyone, NOX App Player or Bluestacks for this purpose. As both of them support APK installation, you just need to install them on your Desktops and Install com.google.android.stardroid-v1.9.6.apk file with it so that you can enjoy Sky Map services on PC using NOX or Bluestacks. I will explain both methods here; you can choose anything you want.
As I was telling earlier, in this post, I will demonstrate two procedures, let’s see the first method of downloading Sky Map for PC using Bluestacks emulator.
Install Sky Map for PC Windows using BlueStacks
- Firstly, You should install Bluestacks Software on your Computer or Laptop. Click here to download bluestacks for PC. (Note: Come back to this post once you installed bluestacks correctly)
- After Bluestacks, now, you must download .APK file of Sky Map. Click here.
- Open the Bluestacks App already installed on your PC/Laptop. In the left-hand corner toolbox, you will find an option of Add APK. Load the APK file using the option on the Bluestacks. Click on that.
- It will ask about the location where you have kept the downloaded APK. In my case, I have kept it on Desktop, so I am selecting that.
- It will now automatically install the application on Bluestacks. You will find the Sky Map on applications tab on the main screen of the Bluestacks window.
- Now, you are all set to use Sky Map on PC. Here is the Sky Map successfully running on my PC after installing and clicked on the app.
Now, we should discuss the installation of Sky Map on PC using NOX App player. You can use this method if Bluestacks method is not working properly on your Laptop or Computer.
Install Sky Map on PC Windows using NOX App Player
- First of all, you must download Nox App player – https://www.bignox.com, click on the software to start installation on your Computer/Laptop.
- Now, download APK file from here.
- After installation, open the NOX player. In the right-hand side corner toolbox, you will find an option of Add APK. Click on that option.
- Select Don’t show again and click on I know.
- You have to choose the APK from the downloaded location. As I have saved it on the desktop, I choose from there. (If your downloaded file is in Downloads area, select the .APK from there itself)
- Nox will automatically install the Application. Open it from the home screen of Nox app player.
- You will then be asked about if you want to change your location from ‘Worldwide’ to any particular location. Initially, choose Later option.
- Now, you are ready to use the App with some pre-existing website links embedded in the App.
- Note: Use ESCAPE to come back to the home screen or else you can use the symbols to operate Sky Map app on PC NOX app player.
We feel that you will not get any hitches while downloading the App through the suggested ways. If you do encounter some problem, do share it with us.